[tex-live] Packages with non-free catalogue-license

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Oct 5 08:33:15 CEST 2012

On Do, 04 Okt 2012, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> Could the catalogue-license info for these packages (in texlive.tlpdb)
> then be updated please? Packages shouldn't be marked as "noinfo",

That will happen with the NEXT update of the package.

We do NOT update packages rev numbers unless something change within
the package, not the catalogue info.

That means, if you want to check something, please use the
tlpdb from svn. There it is changed and will find its way
into tlnet when/if the package is updated.

> It would be nice if the catalogue info would be up to date, in order
> to avoid such duplication of work at the distro level.

It is, in the svn. And that has been stated about 50 times on this
mailing list already.

Best wishes

Norbert