[tex-live] Problems installing TL'2012 PreTest

Yury Donskoy yury.donskoy at gmail.com
Tue May 29 23:35:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have TL'2011 running perfectly on my Fedora16 system. Great software, by
the way. I've been trying install the 2012 pretest version, but I keep
getting the error below. I don't understand how it knows what version I'm
running. I tried it first, then got the error. Then I unset all the TEX*
environment variables, and I still get that. I downloaded the latest
install-tl.

Thanks.
Yury.

[texlive at Server45 install-tl-20120511]$ ./install-tl -repository
http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive/tlpretest/ -gui text
./install-tl: The TeX Live versions of the local installation
and the repository being accessed are not compatible:
 repository: 2012
Perhaps you need to use a different CTAN mirror?