[tex-live] Copy backup files from one computer to another

Uwe Siart uwe.siart at tum.de
Wed Mar 28 09:12:47 CEST 2012

Dear all,

my question is what actually constitutes the existence of a package
backup. Is it really just the revision numbered backup file in the
backupdir?

The background of my question is the following: Suppose I would need to
restore an earlier revision of package foo. Unfortunately the needed
backup does not exist. However I could find the backup in TeXLive on
another computer.

Is it save to copy the backup file from there to my backupdir and then
restore from that file? Is it that easy or is the backup file only half
the truth?

--
Uwe