[tex-live] movie15 and media9

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Mar 18 20:16:49 CET 2012

On 18.03.2012, at 19:44, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

>> I understand the logic of excluding proprietary software, but out seems
>> strange (to put it mildly) to use 3) as a basis for exclusion.
>
> AFAIK, it's the policy of the TL team to support and strengthens
> free software. But they don't want to fill their spare time with
> many countless voluntary hours working on support for non-free
> or even commercial software.

I don't think anyone has a problem with that. But there's a big difference between strengthening free software and declaring anything related to non-free software evil. You don't strengthen anything by hindering the use of commercial alternatives.

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.“