[tex-live] movie15 and media9

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Mar 18 13:34:00 CET 2012

Hi Mojca,

>    "rm movie15, requires acrobat"

I don't know the details, but if pdfs generated with movie15 can only be properly viewed wirh acro*, then it is according to the policy to remove it.

We have removed several times packages that need non-free stuff to be useful, and this policy will not change.

> Acrobat is
> only needed to render the contents,

Well, that is reason enough.

> No PDF viewer that I'm aware of
> supports JavaScript. Does that mean that all TeX packages that also
> support JavaScript inside PDF have to be removed from TeX Live?

No, you are wrong. Only those packages that only support there features via javascript and thus for acro*.

Yes, and those packages will be removed.

Norbert