[tex-live] TeX Live 2011 & PS_View

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Mar 15 21:56:35 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 05:48:22PM +0000, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>
> >AFAIK texdoc does not always use system associations. Try "texdoc
> >texdoc", it will tell you how to configure it to use Acrobat for
> >opening PDF files.
>
> To be honest, Zdeněk, how TeXdoc opens PDFs is the least
> of my concerns; of far greater concern is why the file
> associations have been changed without my permission
> such that double-clicking on a PDF in Windows Explorer
> now launches PS_View.  Even worse, PS_View is neither
> listed under Control Panel / Programs as a program
> capable of being uninstalled, nor does it appear in
> the list of things I can remove in TeX Live Manager.
> How can I evict the d at mned thing from my system
> and restore the previous file associations, short
> of removing TeX Live 2011 itself ?
>
> ** Phil.

If you used the `advanced' installer, you may have accidentally set
`Change file associations' set to `All' instead of `Only new'. Even
so, Acrobat should still be available via right-clicking and `Open
with'.

The package name for PS_View is tlpsv.win32 if you want to remove it
with tlmgr. Of course, this is not particularly obvious.

-
Siep Kroonenberg