[tex-live] TeX-Live 2012 sys_info and sys_man

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 19 22:52:18 CEST 2012

    In short, it appears that there may be no "safe" default!

It's certainly true that no one default can suffice for all systems.

However, I believe at least a plurality of systems use /usr/local/share
these days, so I think it's reasonable to change it (after the release).
It's just a default, after all, and the options are off by default.
Not that I feel strongly about it.  You are indeed the first person to
raise the question :).

Best,
Karl