[tex-live] Translation file of install-tl is wrongly named.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 14 01:02:16 CEST 2012

Hi Leo,

        Sorry, no translations available for zh_cn (nor zh); falling
        back to English.

Hmm.  The zh-names have always had dashes and no one has ever reported
this problem before -- for previous years, too.  Is it really the case
that no one has attempted to use the Chinese translations on Windows
until now?  Seems improbable.  Surely Jiang himself and the other
translators did so, at least.

In any event, changing this now would mean lots of retesting, etc.  (For
example, as far as I know, simply renaming the files would break Unix.)
And the final image is close to going to the DVD manufacturer.  So any
change will have to be in an update after the release, when there is
more time to be sure we aren't making things worse instead of better.

Best,
Karl

P.S. Regarding your other report, my understanding is that it's
necessary to download everything before installing anything, because
otherwise if the download fails halfway through you would end up with
an inconsistent installation.