[tex-live] texmflocal

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:05:23 CEST 2012

Hello,
** Norbert Preining [2012-07-30 16:22:15 +0900]:

> Hi

>> Create file `texmf.cnf' and write to it
>> TEXMFHOME=$HOME/texmf;$HOME/texmf-projects/STUFF

> NOOOOOO

> That is even MUCH MUCH less supported any will create much more trouble. PLEASE don't do that!!!

Then you may be know how to an ordinal user (i.e. not admin) can use
several TDS trees in scheme that I described (separate TDS trees that
can be switched on or off without messing TEXMFHOME)?

Let me emphasize it again: _an ordinal user_. Please, don't give advice
to install TL as ordinal user, this will only conceal one problem but
rise another (I can provide more detailed explanation).

> Norbert

P.S. On the other hand I'll be glad to hear that kind of troubles,
outlined or with details, about that change of `TEXMFHOME'.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
The only qualities for real success in journalism are ratlike cunning, a
plausible manner and a little literary ability.  The capacity to steal