[tex-live] A strange bug with luaLatex and the fourier fonts

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Jul 30 02:26:37 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:04:24AM +0200, Benoit RIVET wrote:
> This bug seems to happen only with the fourier (or fouriernc) fonts :
> I tested this example with other fonts (computer modern, cmbright,
> euler, arev, [math]iwona, [math]kurier, kpfonts, TexGyre Pagella,
> XITS, txfonts and pxfonts) : no bug.
>
> Strangely enough, the [garamond]{mathdesign} package exhibits the bug,
> but not the other mathdesign fonts ([utopia] or [charter])...

It is not exactly font related, it happens when the formula under the
radical is large enough that a composite symbol is needed, but it only
happens with non-OpenType fonts.

It has been reported (and fixed) few weeks ago, but unfortunately it was
too late for inclusion in TeX Live 2012.

Regards,
 Khaled