[tex-live] changed hyphenation after update to texlive 2012

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jul 14 21:45:02 CEST 2012

Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> > Here is a citation from Wikipedia:
>
> > "As a consequence, for example, the United Kingdom is officially
> > assigned the alpha-2 code GB rather than UK, based on its official
> > name "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"
> > (although UK is reserved on the request of the United Kingdom)."
>
> So if "UK" is reserved on the request of the United Kingdom, why
> is it being used to designation "Ukraine" as in :

that's seriously wrong, anyway.  the only country that's ever had that
country code is the united kingdom.  when the current set was first
agreed, ukraine (naturally) wanted uk[*], and the conclusion was that
neither country got it.  the ukraine is ua, and we're gb (as some of our
addresses were when we were using the janet coloured book x.25-based
protocols).

here endeth the tedious and irrelevant instruction.

[*] ukraine was, seperately, a member of the un, in the days of the
ussr.  dunno why.