[tex-live] changed hyphenation after update to texlive 2012

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 11:35:09 CEST 2012

On 14 July 2012 09:03, Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>wrote:

> Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:
>
> > Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> >
> > > [btw, someone mentioned that the pattern file for uk english may have
> > > been replaced, yet your evidence is that it hasn't...  the non-freeness
> > > of the original derived from the oxford university press' insistence on
> > > no change to the patterns, which were derived from oup files.]
> >
> > I do not recall OUP insisting on this,

OUP didn't say anything about file names or versions.  They said we could
use their tape of hyphenated words to generate TeX hyphenation patterns as
long as the data on that tape itself wasn't distributed.  That was all.

It's faintly possible that I have the original correspondence somewhere.
I'll have a rummage.

Best,
Dominik

PS I can't remember the oldest filename for the UK patterns, but it would
have had an eye to the 8+3 DOS filename limitation. uk-hyph.tex,
ukhyph.tex, ukhyphen.tex or some such.