[tex-live] slight glitch on windows

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Jul 13 12:37:53 CEST 2012

Am Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:51:14 +0200 schrieb Lars Madsen:

>>> I just did a test installation of TL12 on Windows 7
>>>
>>> I notice there is a tool in the TeX Live 2012 menu called
>>>
>>> TeX Live command line
>>>
>>> If I open that tool
>>>
>>> it is a standard command prompt, but the title of the window is still
>>>
>>> TeX Live 2011
>>
>> That's not a standard command prompt:  It has a changed "path" where
>> the path TeXLive is at the start. For me as a miktex user this is
>> very handy when I want to make tests with texlive. And I do find it
>> very good that the title is "TeXLive" so that I don't confuse the
>> systems.

> does it actually start in the TL dir?

As a default it starts here (win xp) in my user profile (I installed
TeXlive as normal user). But this can be changed in the options.

When I call the bat-file from the command line:

I:\Z-Test>J:\texlive\2012\tlpkg\installer\tl-cmd.bat

then it starts in the current folder.

> My complaint was just the year.

Ah. Sorry, I didn't see it ;-).

--