[tex-live] texlive 2012 package installation (bug?)

rick1987 rick1987 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:42:25 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a problem installing packages in the new tl release.
I did (e.g.)
/
     tlmgr install siunitx/

the installation completed successfully and siunitx appears in the list
of installed packages.
if I do

/tlmgr info siunitx/

it also says that it is installed, but if I try to compile a document it
says that it cannot find siunitx.
the other thing I have noticed is that the natively installed packages
sty are both in

//usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex//

and in

//usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex//

while siunitx.sty is only in the former. I also tried to create a
symlink to //usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/siunitx in
///usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex// but it didn't work.
I have ubuntu 11.10 x64.

Thanks for helping.

     Riccardo