[tex-live] Problem with perl in Windows 7
Robert B. Gozzoli
r.b.gozzoli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:04:22 CET 2012
Dear List members,
I have a problem with perl.exe, and this does not make Texify in
WinEdt as well as TexWorks work properly under Windows 7. Last week, I
had a problem with perl when I updated TexLive 2011 through tlmgr by
Cmd. The screen at the end complained that it could not update
I did not give excessive importance, but as for the last couple of
days, Latexmk and Texify do not work. This also affects Biber, as it
cannot work properly, and it does not find the citations and it does
not put them in the bibliography.
I have read all the problems with perl installation as described in
this list last November and December. The machine I am using had those
problems when I tried to install TexLive 2011 for the first time, but
I circumvented the problem as for the second installation I did not
use the Gui, but only text.
In order to solve the problem, yesterdayI downloaded again
update-tlmgr-latest.exe. This has solved the problem for some runs,
but now the problem appears again. The machine has run fine until the
last update last week. I again updated tlmgr yesterday, and there were
no complains about perl,
It is not a problem with the antivirus, I am not a programmer, but an
archaeologist, so I do not do any particular thing with perl.
I have read some of the information online, but I have not found any solution.
The strange thing is that if I use emacs, everything works fine, maybe
pressing C-c C-C does not need perl, but TexWorks and WinEdt do not
work at all now.
I am available to send log files, or whatever. At this stage I am also
interested to know whether if I install TexLive again, deleting
completely the actual TeXlive installation, the problem might be
resolved or not.
More information about the tex-live