[tex-live] [FEATURE REQUEST] support for additional user texmf trees

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:17:06 CET 2012

** Markus Kohm [2012-02-23 10:58:43 +0100]:

> Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012 schrieb T T:
>> I think that advanced users should be advanced enough to handle
>> problems related to environment settings.

> Moreover, we already have a lot of locations where texmf.cnfs may reside. And
> in difference to most other files, kpathsea reads not only the first of them,
> but every one that has been found by kpathsea. I would not aim to increase
> this number of valid texmf.cnf's locations, because it wouldn't make things
> easier, but it may increase cost of file searching.

This was worry me very much.

> Markus

Thank you Markus.

2all: just forget about my patch. I'll setup environment, do test and
write something like a tutorial (for me and colleagues, just in case).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
How long does it take a DEC field service engineer to change a lightbulb?

It depends on how many bad ones he brought with him.