[tex-live] [FEATURE REQUEST] support for additional user texmf trees

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:15:25 CET 2012

Hello,
** Lars Madsen [2012-02-22 15:53:52 +0100]:

> Vladimir Lomov wrote, On 2012-02-22 15:47:
>>Hello,
>>** Zdenek Wagner [2012-02-22 15:19:55 +0100]:

>>>I do this without the need of having any patch.

>>It is interesting.

>>>The comments in the root texmf.cnf say that this file should contain
>>>only differences from the texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf.

>>I suppose you mean $TL/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf when you say "root texmf.cnf"?

> no, it sits in $TL, the other ones should not be touched

Ah, 'root' -> $TL/texmf.cnf. Fine, if it is owned by root could ordinal
user editt it to add additional texmf trees?

If not the question remain, and tested patch shows, imho, simplest
solution.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Whom the mad would destroy, first they make Gods.
		-- Bernard Levin