[tex-live] texdoc for libertine

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 17:42:29 CET 2012

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Mi, 05 Dez 2012, Bob Tennent wrote:
> > Now that there *is* a libertine.pdf in the libertine package, I don't
> > think the README should still be tagged as the "primary package
> > documentation".  Thanks.
> >
> > % texdoc -l libertine
> >  1 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/libertine.pdf
> >  2 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/README
> >    = Readme (primary package documentation)
>
> So what ... the pdf is listed first and thus
> 	texdoc libertine
> gives you the pdf .... isn't that what you wanted???

well, of course -- it's not a problem for bob, or for me.  the users,
however, tend not to take kindly to such apparent nonsense, and the
complaints usually go to the package owner.

note that neither of us has the first idea as to how this problem might
be addressed, but rest assured that if there's anything the ctan team
can do, we'll do our best to follow recommendations.

robin