[tex-live] FW: TeX Live file associations

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Dec 4 10:08:02 CET 2012

I saw this behaviour on a fresh install-tl installed Win 7, just yesterday.

The laptop already had Adobe Reader installed, never the less, psv took over all PDF files.

I've seen this on several computers now.

These was a massive MS update lately perhaps this changed something (I doubt it)

I haven't figured out what they have in common, I just change the association and give the computer back to its owner.

Some of the systems with problems may be AD controlled laptops, installed by our IT department, i.e. maybe Adobe Reader is being installed in some strange way such that Sieps test fails? I'll have a look at his tests.

As for the transplant stuff I was doing, I'm doing the same thing as Sieps w32client script (plus a little extra unrelated to file associations), and I test this in a VM running one of these AD win 7's.

Thanks for the Emacs hint

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University