[tex-live] xindy in Linux (r27520 update question)

Patrick Dickey pdickeybeta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:42:33 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 12:00 +0200, tex-live-request at tug.org wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 23:45:08 +0900
> From: Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>
> To: Michael Brade <brade at kde.org>
> Cc: tex-live at tug.org
> Subject: Re: [tex-live] xindy with "-I xindy" broke with the latest
> 	update	on linux
>
> Dear Michael,
>
> > took me a while to figure this one out: makeglossaries broke lately, the reason
> > being that "xindy -I xindy ..." fails with something like
>
> I think it was fixed in r27520.
> Try it in the next update.
>
> Thanks,
> Akira

Will the next update come automatically, or do people have to reinstall
TexLive? I'm asking, because we use it for the Ubuntu Manual project,
and a few people have had issues with xindy (hit or miss issues). So
they'll be interested in knowing whether this will drop automatically or
if they need to do something to get it.

Thanks, and have a great day:)
Patrick.