[tex-live] xindy doesn't work on windows

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Aug 24 10:47:02 CEST 2012

Am Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:33:16 +0200 schrieb Siep Kroonenberg:

>> I:\Z-Test>xindy -d script -M texindy -L german-duden orte.idx
>> concatenated xindy input file:
>> C:\DOKUME~1\User\LOKALE~1\Temp\q4tPCCzymR
>
> I am a bit puzzled. This looks like the short name of a _localized_
> path. On my one localized Windows 7, I only see localized names in
> Windows explorer. In a command prompt I see the real names:
>
> APPDATA-C:\Users\siepo\AppData\Roaming

I'm on win xp here.

The output depends - as far as I know - on a registry setting
(NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation) which was set as the user account was
created some years ago. I don't know if changing this now would
solve the problem as I don't want to play around with it: There
exists a good work-around for xindy and I don't know if other
applications will run into problems when suddenly the 8.3 names
disappear.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/