[tex-live] ruby-1.9.x

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Aug 21 23:23:05 CEST 2012

Hi Ken,

    1. Have all the ruby scripts in the TeX Live distribution been checked
    for compatibility with ruby-1.9.x?

I can't imagine who would do such a thing (not me), since the Ruby
scripts come from many disparate authors.  I just install what I'm given ...

    2. If I want to check this myself, does it suffice to run 'make check'
    in the relevant build directories after the ruby update?

No.  make check only checks the programs that actually get built.  The
Ruby (and other) scripts, by and large, are simply installed.  (This is
the whole linked_scripts/ thing, if you've been there.)

What I would suggest is to look for Ruby scripts in the
texmf-dist/scripts directory and just try to invoke them with --help or
whatever, and see if they work.  Or contact package authors.

Sorry.