[tex-live] Add short description to package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Aug 21 00:46:54 CEST 2012

Hi Joel,

    I updated xpeek to v0.2 on CTAN, and the update's made it to TL, but
    still has no short description.

And did you update it in your installation?

I just tried an installation and the short description was there.
Hmm.

    BTW, is there an invocation of tlmgr (or of any TL program) that
    will show the descriptions (short or long) of a package?

If you're not running tlmgr, how are you seeing the (lack of)
descriptions?

Anyway, the answer is yes (of course): tlmgr info xpeek will show
everything.  (There is also tlmgr show and tlmgr list if you have an
older tlmgr that doesn't have "info" yet.  They are all synonyms now.)

Beyond that, feel free to look at tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb and search for
xpeek.  It's just a text file.  And that's where everything should be
getting its data from.

Best,