[tex-live] updmap-sys failed in current upgrade

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Aug 14 12:09:28 CEST 2012

On Di, 14 Aug 2012, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I upgrade daily TL2012...

Irrelevant.

> this choice has broken the option "custom-bin" in install-tl script.
>
> When one uses "install-tl -custom-bin PATH" it installs in bin/custom
> the binaries...

And that was ALWAYS the case. Using custom binaries means that updates
in the bin/$arch/ dirs will NOT be reflected and CANNOT be reflected
in your installation.

It was the same with new packages shipping new scripts, the never ended
in your bin/custom directory.

Nothing has changed ...

> In these cases, "tlmgr update..." should warn the user and stop the
> upgrade...

No. custom-bin is only for emergency cases, not for normal use.

> In this way the installation is not broken and the user can think the
> best way to upgrade...

Welllll, one running with custom binaries should be WELL aware about
problems created by it.

Best wishes

Norbert