[tex-live] ctan->tl updates caught up

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 10:10:07 CEST 2012

T T wrote:

> Yeah, and then just keep rebooting for each random file that failed?
> I wouldn't call this the preferred solution.

No, Tomek : please see my immediately preceding answer to
Reinhard.  /One/ re-boot at most is needed, which updates
all files that could not be updated because they were
in use at the time.

> Anyway, based on the error message, I think I understand the root
> cause of this particular problem:
>
> http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2011-August/030024.html
>
> The fix I committed yesterday should hopefully make it go away.

That is excellent news : thank you for your work on this.
** Phil.
--
MIL-05991/237/2012-B : Any loss of data or other computer malfunction
resulting directly or indirectly from the use of Linux will be regarded