[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Apr 19 03:56:58 CEST 2012

Hi Karen,

On Do, 19 Apr 2012, Karen Ellrick wrote:
> In that case, Tsuchimura-san (or as he spells it, tutimura, with whom I
> have not had any communication) should edit
> http://tutimura.ath.cx/ptexlive/?tlptexlive%A5%EA%A5%DD%A5%B8%A5%C8%A5%EA
> so as not to instruct innocent users to use that command.  It currently

No, *I* will edit it, since *I* am maintaining this page ;-)

>    * update from tlptexlive repository:
>               tlmgr --repository
>    http://www.tug.org/~preining/tlptexlive/ update --all
>    this will update ptex for the fixed binaries, dvipdfmx for binary
>    updates,
>
> I now notice "~preining" in the path, but the instructions make it sound
> like that *is* the standard repository.

Aehm, the "Introduction" states:
	Norbert Preining さんが,ptexlive や TeX Live 2011 への追加日本語パッチ (in e-pTeX wiki) の成果を収めた TeX Live 2011 用の tlptexliveリポジトリを製作されています.

Isn't that clear enough?

ANyway, no harm done. I will add a paragraph warning that this
is not the official repository, and that binaries might not work
on as many combinations as the original binaries.

> Okay, I made a .tar.gz file of my built binaries (I don't know how to
> exclude the symbolic links, but they are harmless and don't take up any
> space).  It's 36MB - let me know off-list where you want me to put it (I
> suspect it's too big for email).

For me no problem.

> Remember, though, that I didn't build X, so there will be some binaries
> missing from the collection.

No problem, I only need:
dvipdfmx, eptex, makejvf, mendex, pbibtex, pdvitomp, pdvitype, platex, pmpost, ppltotf, ptex, ptftopl, pxdvi, pxdvi-xaw, wovp2ovf, upbibtex, updvitype, uppltotf, uptex, uptftopl.

these ones if you have. The pxdvi probably not, but all other should
be fine.

Best wishes

Norbert