[tex-live] Installing RevTex and other style files in TexLive

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Sep 29 02:17:03 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

On Mi, 28 Sep 2011, Peter Crooker wrote:
> 	I just installed MacTex-2011 on my Mac and would like to add style files -- in particular, RevTeX for American Physical Society publications.  The RevTex distribution has a number of folders with essential styles, etc.

RevTeX is shipped in TeX Live, thus also MacTeX, why do you need
to install your own version?

> 	Although MacTex seems to work fine, I can't get RevTex to work with MacTex.  How do I do that?

Well, you have to put all the files into the right folders, and then
depending on where you put them, run mktexlsr.

Best wishes

Norbert
ESHER (n.)
One of those push tapes installed in public washrooms enabling the
user to wash their trousers without actually getting into the
basin. The most powerful esher of recent years was 'damped down' by
Red Adair after an incredible sixty-eight days' fight in Manchester's
Piccadilly Station.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff