[tex-live] Updating TeXLive 2010 using tlgmr - esint.sty missing

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:23:46 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 23:12, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> On 2011-09-13 at 22:28:19 +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>  > You can probably still install fonts for MacTeX 2011 with
>  >    tlmgr install lm
>  >
>  > The reason why they are missing is because they belong to
>  > collection-fontsrecommended. If they would belong to
>  > collection-basic, they would be included in basic installation.
>
> Sure, but they don't belong there.  collection-basic provides plain
> TeX and LaTeX and is supposed to be small, especially because the new
> engines are able to use system fonts and for pdfTeX the OTF are
> useless.

I didn't want to suggest moving LM to collection-basic, in particular
because the package is relatively big.

But it would still be handy to have it in MacTeX.

Mojca

PS: <sarcasm on>On the other hand, if you ask me, why should TL ship
cm in collection-basic? One can use any other font, in particular in
new engines ...</sarcasm off> In fact we don't have CM in ConTeXt
distribution and I still think that plain XeTeX should load lmr
instead of cmr, but that's completely off-topic here.