[tex-live] Updating TeXLive 2010 using tlgmr - esint.sty missing

SKL nn99876 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:20:28 CEST 2011

On 13 Sep 2011, at 16:05, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> ftp://ftp.tug.org/historic//systems//texlive//2010//tlnet-final

Adam, you are a star!

It worked. For future reference, I had an error message (only when I was using XeTeX by the way) that the file esint.sty was missing as soon as I started using the integral sign /int anywhere in the document. I fixed it by doing the following:

$ sudo tlmgr --repository ftp://ftp.tug.org/historic//systems//texlive//2010//tlnet-final install esint

The reason why I needed to use TL2010 rather than TL2011 was that XeTeX under TL2011 in the MacTeX Basic distro is broken (at least for me) due to the missing Latin Modern fonts that used to be present in TL2010 (Mac Basic distro) but that are no longer present in the current Mac Basic distro.

Note: MacBasic distro is here http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/morepackages.html

If anyone knowledgeable wants to look at this more in detail, please do not hesitate to contact me and I can send you the relevant files.