[tex-live] [luatex] Ignored italic correction with lua(la)tex format

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Oct 13 11:49:02 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 06:21:46PM +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> >> Please don't do this. The catcode assignments are totally correct, and
> >> it is LuaTeX which is IMHO buggy.
>
> > So we have to live with broken rendering (until next year texlive at
> > least) for some dubious benefit of being able to \def\?????????????????????????????????????
>
> I'm obviously not able to follow. Of which letters are you speaking?
> My version of luatex-unicode-letters.tex doesn't contain a \catcode
> setting in line 18 (there is the \begingroup-command).

Sorry, line 28.

> Also why it is necessary to change the formats? Why can't the
> problematic catcodes be changed in the document?

I don't know which cat code is problematic and which is not (there are
so many characters used in math), but I think just resetting the catcode
table inside math mode would be less invasive, in latex something like:

\everymath{\luatexcatcodetable\CatcodeTableLaTeX}

(assumes luatexbase-cctb package is loaded).

P.S. this was given as an answer to this question on tex.stackexchange:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/31438/how-can-i-enable-italic-correction-for-luatex

Regards,
 Khaled