[tex-live] Announcement: New maintainers for Polyglossia and ArabXeTeX

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 23:24:27 CEST 2011

FC <firmicus04 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Therefore I am very happy to announce that I have finally found a new
>  maintainer for polyglossia. Starting immediately, Arthur Reutenauer
>  will actively take the commands.
>  Arthur should be well-known to many readers of this list for his
> long-standing commitment in matters related to TeX vs Unicode and
> multilingual typesetting. In other words, he has the perfect profile
>  for the job :) I will also forward to him all emails I have received
>  relating to polyglossia during the past year.Obviously this new
>  situation will be for the common benefit of all XeTeX users. I cannot
>  speak for Arthur but it may not be too wild to imagine that a future
>  version (or fork) of polyglossia will also support LuaLaTeX.
>

> Also, Vafa Khaliqi kindly offered to take over the maintainership of
> my other package ArabXeTeX, which I likewise officially confirm
> here. at Karl Berry: is there (legally speaking) anything else I should
> do to officialize the changes of "Current Maintainers"?

fwiw, i've registered both these changes in the ctan catalogue -- it's
easier to change something than to remember a change that i didn't
install.

speaking as a maintainer of the archive, i must welcome your mail -- so
many people drift away, or hand over to another maintainer without
telling anyone.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team