[tex-live] texi2dvi in executable path?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Oct 4 00:15:15 CEST 2011

    texinfo ... nonfree

Debian considers the Texinfo *manual* nonfree because it includes
invariant sections.  The Texinfo code is considered free by Debian (and
everyone else).

Anyway, I removed the Texinfo programs from TeX Live some years ago
because it was both (as Siep mentions) an annoying conflict with distro
versions, and an irritating source of (useless) failures in building TL.
Terminal libraries, blah blah blah.  I won't be restoring them.

What I left in TL is texinfo.tex and its few supporting .tex files.