[tex-live] texconfig conf

Ernesto Posse eposse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:16:37 CET 2011

Hi, When I run texconfig conf I obtain no information whether I run it
as root or not, and even after doing a texhash, but the tex
environment variables seem to be fine:

[eposse at flamenco:~/Tests/latex] > texconfig conf
=========================== version information ==========================
[eposse at flamenco:~/Tests/latex] > sudo texconfig conf
[sudo] password for eposse:
=========================== version information ==========================
[eposse at flamenco:~/Tests/latex] > kpsewhich -expand-var='$TEXMF'
{/home/eposse/.texmf-config,/home/eposse/.texmf-var,/home/eposse/texmf,/etc/texmf,!!/var/lib/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf-texlive}

Why isn't texconfig conf printing the variable's values?

I'm running texlive on Ubuntu 11.10, the version from the official
Ubuntu repositories (which I think is 2009-13). It is a clean
installation.

Thanks

--
Ernesto Posse

Modelling and Analysis in Software Engineering
School of Computing
Queen's University - Kingston, Ontario, Canada