[tex-live] errors after texlive update

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Nov 15 23:59:20 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fr, 11 Nov 2011, Bernhard Kleine wrote:
>                 tar: rmtlseek not stopped at a record boundary
>                 tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
>                 untar:
>                 untarring /usr/local/share/texlive/2011/temp/frcursive.tar failed (in /usr/local/share/texlive/2011/texmf-dist)

Interesting. Did you run out of disk space? It seems there was some
corruption on the disk. THe downloads are verified with md5 checksum,
so that cannot be the case.

> the tlmgr showed fertig, I finished the programm and then I saw the
> messages on the terminal window. so far, I could install frcursive,
> microtype-de, ptex and xits by another tlmgr-run, but musixtex-fonts is
> labelled as forcibly removed?

Then simply install it with
	tlmgr install musixtex-fonts
and you should be back on track.

Best wishes

Norbert
`How do you feel?' he asked him.
bits of me keep
passing out.' ....
`We're safe,' he said.
`Oh good,' said Arthur.
in one of the
spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.'
this is obviously some strange usage of
the word "safe" that I wasn't previously aware of.'
                 --- Arthur after his first ever teleport ride.