[tex-live] [XeTeX] XeTeX/TeX Live : Setting the default language

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Fri Nov 4 12:51:16 CET 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> corrections & submit PDF for printing ... and that friend has set
> French or Russian as his default/preferred language, so the printing
> house will print the document typeset with Russian hyphenation
> patterns. Wouldn't that be nice?

This kind of problem already exists for anyone who exchanges documents
between North America and the rest of the world, because of default A4
versus letter paper sizes.  That's bad enough.  You're right that adding
hyphenation patterns as yet another thing we have to negotiate and
carefully override on every document, wouldn't be a good idea.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.