[tex-live] final TL'10 update imminent
joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed May 25 15:16:30 CEST 2011
On 25/05/2011 13:45, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mi, 25 Mai 2011, Joseph Wright wrote:
>> Thanks for that: there are some LaTeX3 things to update that we are
>> holding back from CTAN until after the TL freeze. So it sounds like I'll
>> be safe to send them at the weekend.
> Freezing updates to tlnet and actually updating packages are two pairs
> of shoes. Of course we will continue to update packages from CTAN, but
> these updates will NOT be pushed to tlnet, but only to testing releases
> of TL11.
> So to be sure that the changes you seemingly NOT want to see in the
> released version of TL2011 you have should wait for the actual release.
> But then after the release these changes will be picked up quite fast,
> and distributed over the usual tlmgr channels.
> I am a bit unsure what you are trying to achieve.
> Best wishes
We have some large-ish changes to send to CTAN. Inevitably, these will
have bugs. So the aim is to make sure that the version which ends up on
the DVD is not buggy. There are two ways to achieve this: 1) send to
CTAN far-enough in advance of the freeze such that there is time for
further updates or 2) wait until after the freeze so that the current
version is on the DVD, then release to CTAN.
My understanding of the timetable is that we are too close to the freeze
date for (1) to be safe, so we have to go for (2).
More information about the tex-live