[tex-live] TeXLive bug

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon May 23 02:40:15 CEST 2011

On So, 22 Mai 2011, Jan Mariassy wrote:
> I have a problem installing latest version of TeXlive on Windows Xp
> professional SP3 ENG version. Once Texlive downloaded and uncompressed, I

What do you mean with "downloaded and uncompressed"?
Do you use the network installer or the .iso image or anything else?

> ran install-tl.bat with screenshot support2.png in attachment. Very strange
> thing is, that if I run the very same installer from Hiren's boot cd mini
> XP, everything works fine. If I ran it from any other Windows XP on any

That is very strange. It seems that xz cannot run. Can you please
verify and do the following things, I assume you are using the
network installer:
- you unpacked the installer to d:\a
- please run in a cmd.exe window:
	d:\a\tlpkg\installer\xz\xzdec.exe --version
	d:\a\tlpkg\installer\xz\xzdec.exe --help

	d:\a\tlpkg\installer\xz\wget.exe --version

	d:\a\tlpkg\installer\xz\wget.exe --version >nul
(in the last line mind the >nul at the end!!!)
and send us a screen shot.

It seems that you don't have a "nul" device ... whatever that is on Windows
(I have no idea of it).

Best wishes

Norbert