[tex-live] Troubles with windows platform detection in "install-tl-20110314"

Alexey Bakhirkin abakhirkin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 00:52:43 CET 2011

Hi.

I've just downloaded a windows installer package
"install-tl-20110314.zip" but the install-tl.bat script would fail
with an error: "could not run ...\config.guess, cannot proceed,
sorry".
The problem was with the line 227 of TLUtils.pm:

if ($^O =~ /^MSWin$/i) {

since $^O would return "MSWin32" (not just "MSWin") for my 32-bit
Windows7 OS. After substituting that line with

if ($^O =~ /^MSWin32$/i) {

I could proceed with the installation.

Was that a correct workaround or did I do anything wrong?