[tex-live] bug in install-tl texlive2010-2010082 for dvips paper size to letter

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 15 00:27:28 CET 2011

    system('mktexlsr', "$TEXMFSYSVAR");
    ========= End from 'install-tl' ==============

    Should it not be TEXMFSYSCONFIG instead of TEXMFSYSVAR?

Excellent debugging!  It should be both, actually.  I just updated
install-tl in the source repository, if you want to get it for more
testing ...

    ( By the way, I replied to your message (with 'Reply to all' for
      the 'cc: tex-live at tug.org'),

Well done :).

      not being subscribed to the
      tex-live at tug.org mailing list at its reception,

You don't have to be subscribed to the tex-live (or any other tug.org)
list in order to post to it.

      but NOW I am subscribed but not sure this will go to the mailing too .)

It will/did :).

Thanks much,
karl