[tex-live] tlpretest i386-cygwin: TrueType fonts in texmf-local not found

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jun 27 13:23:36 CEST 2011

Le 27/06/2011 00:44, Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 22:48, Rolf Dieterich wrote:
>>
>> So what I found out:
>> The "filename" entrys in
>> ~/.texlive2011/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/names/otfl-names.lua generated
>> by mkluatexfontdb are in lower case letters whereas some of my fonts contain
>> upper case letters, e.g. MinionPro-Standard.otf.
>> I assume that kpse.lookup in otfl-font-nms.lua then can't find the font
>> file.
>
> Hans lowercased all fonts for ConTeXt to prevent problems with casing
> (to ConTeXt the casing doesn't matter).
>
> It can easily be that LuaLaTeX team took that part over and didn't
> consider lowercasing the name when matching the font requested by the
> user. (But this is pure speculation.)

Here the problem is with the filename, wich obviously shouldn't be case-folded
on case-sensitive systems.

Rolf, I see you filed a bug against luaotfload, which was the right thing to do.
I just replied to your report with a request for testing, and if you can confirm
everything's fine, I'll apply the patch you suggest.

Continuing the dicussion on the bugtracker for anyone interested:
https://github.com/khaledhosny/luaotfload/issues/33

Manuel.