[tex-live] This morning's 2011 pretest (hyphenation, ftp issues)

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jun 20 08:07:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

This morning I got an error during tlmgr update because some
pattern file cannot be found during the regeneration of the pdftex
formats:

   ! I can't find file `dehypht-x-2009-06-19.tex'.

This is a summary of all `failed' messages:
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdftex -progname=pdftex -translate-file=cp227.tcx
*pdfetex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=etex -progname=etex -translate-file=cp227.tcx
*etex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdfetex -progname=pdfetex
-translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdfetex.ini' failed

Also (unrelated) this year it seems to be standard that every two
dozen or so package downloads, the permanent FTP connection drops
out, and I get a 'retrying with wget'. This could be perfectly normal
(perhaps my connection with cstug.cz is unreliable or the server is
very busy) but I am reporting it because I do not remember anything
similar from last year's pretest. TLmgr does not appear to write a
log, but attached is an install-tl.log from a week or so ago.

Best wishes,
Taco