[tex-live] tlpretest i386-cygwin: TrueType fonts in texmf-local not found

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jun 19 12:17:32 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-19 at 09:35:57 +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

 > I am not sure what is the license of Minion Pro, I am not sure that
 > I am allowed to copy it from one computer to another. I have
 > therefore just symlinked the Acrobat's font directory to
 > /usr/share/fonts. I had no time to test TL2011 so far but it worked
 > fine in TL 2007, 2008, 2009 as well as 2010.

/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Resource/LICREAD.TXT
The font software contained in this package is being licensed to you solely
for use with the Adobe Reader product ("Adobe Reader") subject to
the terms and conditions of the Electronic End User License Agreement
accompanying the Adobe Reader.

To be sure, Ralf Stubner asked in an Adobe forum a few years ago and
they confirmed that you are not allowed to use them with anything but
Adobe Reader.

I was asked several times to include them in getnonfreefonts, but I'm
sorry that I had to disappoint those people.  It's a pity because
there are some high-quality Asian fonts on Adobe's ftp server which
may be used with AR solely too.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25