[tex-live] tlpretest i386-cygwin: TrueType fonts in texmf-local not found

Rolf Dieterich rolf.dieterich at arcor.de
Sun Jun 19 08:52:45 CEST 2011

MinionPro-Regular.otf is installed in
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/opentype/adobe/reader9/

In my tests, lualatex also couldn't load Arvo which I have in
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype/Google Web Fonts/

$ kpsewhich -format .ttf Arvo-Regular.ttf
/usr/local/texlive/2011/../texmf-local/fonts/truetype/Google Web
Fonts/Arvo-Regular.ttf

$ kpsewhich -format .otf Arvo-Regular.ttf
--> nothing found !!!

In TeX Live 2010 under Windows all this worked "out of the box".
Perhaps I have to be more cautious in the future where I install the
OpenType and TrueType fonts?
No problemes with xetex and its fontconfig.

Rolf