[tex-live] tlmgr still has problems handling spaces in texlive's path

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Jun 7 03:23:09 CEST 2011

Le 06/06/2011 06:56, Philipp Stephani a écrit :

>> Easier said then done. Please provide versions of
>> 	system("prog <input >output");
>> where prog reads from input and writes to output.
>>
>> Portable on all systems.
>
> Perhaps one of those?
> http://search.cpan.org/~toddr/IPC-Run-0.89/lib/IPC/Run.pm

Not part of the standard distribution, not sure if we can rely on it being
installed.

> http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.14.0/ext/IPC-Open2/lib/IPC/Open2.pm

Should work, but timing is hard to get right and differs on Windows and Unix.
The good news is, the list form of open2 seems to work on Windows, which is
quite unexpected when you know that the list form of pipe open doesn't.

Manuel.