[tex-live] luatex version in tlmgr

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Jun 7 02:57:01 CEST 2011

Le 07/06/2011 02:47, Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
> The problem might be that Taco might update version of LuaTeX and
> Catalogue during the year (before TL2012) and then tlpdb will claim
> LuaTeX version to be 0.80. The same is true for any other binary.

Not if the revision number of the luatex package doesn't change: the tlpdb in
the svn repo will claim 0.80, but the tlpdb in tlnet will not. Of course if the
revision number changes (eg because the ini files change) then you're right.

Anyway, we know version numbers in the tlpdb aren't reliable. But sometimes
they're correct too :-)

Manuel.