[tex-live] luatex version in tlmgr

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 7 01:09:39 CEST 2011

Hi Robin,

[tlpsrc/descriptions]

    when people do put stuff into tlpsrc

The general principle is that the *only* time TL has shortdesc/longdesc
in *.tlpsrc is when CTAN does not hold the material for whatever reason
-- thus, you (Robin) should not need to be looking at *.tlpsrc or
texlive.tlpdb for material.  It is our responsibility to communicate
such to you.  In this case, I was not aware that the descriptions had
been added to luatex.tlpsrc.  Doing a quick grep, no others jumped out
at me, but exhaustive checking will have to wait.

As for the hyph-utf8 / hyphenation descriptions that Mojca is creating
now, I expect it will be trivial for her to also create the descriptions
in whatever form is most convenient for you to import into the
Catalogue.  We can check them on a regular basis, too.

Best,
karl