[tex-live] TL 2011 Segmentation fault xelatex

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 27 15:14:24 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-27 14:54, Pander wrote:
> On 2011-07-27 14:19, Martin Schröder wrote:
>> 2011/7/27 Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net>:
>>> Below is part of the output. How do I go about reporting so that it can
>>> be fixed?
>>
>> Tell us more. Which os, what's the input...
>
> Attached is the document that creates the segmentation fault.

Solved it! :D I did an:
   strace xelatex documentz
and it showed a broken pipe after loading FreeSans.ttf

Because FreeSans has both .ttf and .otf and fontconfig/fontspec is
unable to point to one specific file, this can cause an ambiguous situation.

After hiding all gnu-freefont TTF files (also the ones shipped with
Ubuntu's ttf-freefont) it worked again :) I already synced the OTF files
from TeX Live and the ttf-freefont packages with my personal latest
build of freefont, so those are identical.

However, 2010 did not segfault on this.

This freefont issue I reported earlier to Ubuntu but it is unlikely that
they will remove this package from the compulsory base packages...
Nevertheless this has been more then once problematic for my system.

Thanks,

Pander