[tex-live] tl-2011: updmap needs perl-5.8.8 or newer

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 26 23:38:31 CEST 2011

    > 	Error in option spec: "setoption=s{1,2}"

I was not happy about doing so, but my alternatives were:
1) have the new updmap fail to accept the same option styles as the old;
2) rewrite the entire arg parsing from scratch;
3) require a newer perl.  5.8.4 was released in 2004.

I went with #3.

Perhaps it is possible to detect a too-old perl and then avoid that arg
parsing spec.  That will take time to investigate.

    (b) fix install-tl to check exit status and show errors like this...

Granted.

karl