[tex-live] [BUG] ucshyper does

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Tue Jul 26 13:00:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

(Please keep 635491 at bugs.debian.org in the CC list when replying).

ucshyper.sty tries (buggily) to disable itself when (la)tex is not run
in PDF output mode. But ucshyper works like a charm when producing a
DVI meant for post-processing with dvipdfm (and hyperref loaded with
hdvipdfm driver). I have only tested it with pdf(la)tex running in DVI
output mode, but I expect "plain" (la)tex would work just as well.

Patch attached. Assumes e-tex (uses \ifdefined). I assume this is OK.
I disabled the loading of hyperref, so that the user can choose hir
hyperref driver freely; instead a call to \hypersetup{unicode=true},
and hence a requirement that ucshyper be loaded *after* hyperref.

What would be your thoughts about upgrading the warnings (or maybe one
of them) to errors?

ucshyper.sty is in directory Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ucs

--
Lionel