[tex-live] Updating tlmgr on Windows 7

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 27 17:09:15 CET 2011

On 27 January 2011 15:13, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
> 2011/1/27 T T <t34www at googlemail.com>:
>
>> I can only suggest at this point to try this on the command line (one line):
>>
>>  tlmgr -v --logfile "%temp%\tlmgr-self.log" update --self --dry-run
>>
>> This will make a simulated update without gui and will write the
>> output to "%temp%\tlmgr-self.log".  Hopefully this log file will point
>> us in the right direction.  At least we should know whether the
>> problem happens in the gui or in the update routine.
>
> Attached.

Hmm, all appears to be as expected in the log file.  Updating from the
command line should work then.

I have no idea, why the gui is failing.  Sorry.  Perhaps Norbert will
have some more ideas.  You could try to select the packages to update
and then press the "Update" button instead "Update all ...". but I
doubt this will make any difference.

Cheers,

Tomek